The Hector Fellow Academy offers you the opportunity to realize a self-developed research project under supervision Prof. Martin Wegener. He is one of the Hector Fellows, a community of outstanding professors from different research institutions across Germany working in STEM-subjects, medicine, and psychology.
His research interests are photonic crystals and artificial materials called „metamaterials“. Tailoring their "meta-atoms" in the nano- or micrometer scale makes it possible to produce completely new physical properties, which do not naturally occur. For example, his team succeeded in building cloaking devices in various physical systems.
You are enthusiastic about developing and investigating an innovative research idea within the discipline of Prof. Wegener.
You have a master’s degree in a scientific or engineering subject with excellent grades.
- Opportunity to realize a self-developed research idea
- Mentored by an internationally renowned, top-level scientist
- Funded position (according to TV-L 13, up to 100%, based on the funding rates of the DFG for PhD students)
- Extensive research funding
- Membership in an excellent research network
- Additional management courses, trainings & networking events
Hector Fellow Academy
76131 Karlsruhe | Germany
Phone: +49 (0)721 608 47883
Interdisciplinary Network for Cutting-Edge Research